Monday, January 13, 2014

Traveling the World in 35 Hours

We may not have traveled the entire world in only 34 hours, we did almost traveled half of the world. Thats definitely a feat, especially when you leave your hometown on Saturday afternoon and finally arrive in your destination. We had three flights: 10 hours, 7 hours, and 5 hours long! I honestly slept probably a total of five hours! By 7 pm (Namibian time) I was so ready to fall into my bed and fall asleep. I know the long travel time, the uncomfortable seats, and the lack of sleep will be all worth it!

Here is what is important:
On our first plan ride to Amsterdam our personal TVs had more movies, television shows, music, and games on it that I could ever imagine! And super good movies and shows too! It was actually magical and made the ten hour flight more bearable. Our middle flight (Amsterdam to Accra) was probably the classiest flight I ever been on. I felt bad for my attire: yoga pants, sweatshirt, and greasy hair. There was seriously good airplane food, the flight attendants spoke three different languages, and they spared air-freshener! Our final flight was short and the flight attendants had beautiful accents. We had the best meals on this flight! So good... and never thought I would say that. The best part was when the attendant said right before lift-off "Lets do this!". Yup, let do this! Our experience in the Ghana airport was quick the trip. The was packed and very disorienting! The airport was very minimal and lack the high techness I am used to! We asked for help and some lady rushed us through the entire airport where we never once went through customs. It was such a weird experience but I was so ready to make it to Namibia! Finally, we arrive in Namibia after a six hour red-eye flight which I am certain I never once fell asleep more than five minutes at a time. By the time we landed it was six in the morning and I was ready for bed. But we had to push through the day and stay awake so that we don't really mess up or sleep schedule. Our professors took us to the grocery store. Oh goodness, it was so busy and I could not think straight. It will be much easier to buy groceries next time when I am awake! By the time dinner came around, I was so ready to fall asleep. I just sat at the dinner table, eating my food, and laughing for no reason at all. Delirious!! What a first day.






No comments:

Post a Comment